The ways to donate time to CSNIP are limitless. Many volunteers donate their time at our Kentwood clinic, but there are also projects that can be done at home or you could get involved in outreach or special events such as Wags & Whiskers. If you are interested in learning more about any of these volunteer opportunities, contact Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reminder calls: Call clients to remind them of their pet’s appointment.
- Prepare medical packets: Assemble materials into packets for the next day’s medical appointments.
- English/Spanish translation: Assist staff with translation when contacting Spanish-speaking clients. Translation can also include translating written materials from English into Spanish.
- Check-in greeters: Help staff greet clients during the morning check-in period between 8am-9am.
- Office tasks: Assist with data entry, recording inventory, filing, and other office tasks.
Kennel /Medical Needs
- Laundry assistant: With up to 70 surgeries per day, C-SNIP generates a lot of laundry! We need volunteers willing to do load the washing machines & dryers and fold the clean laundry.
- Equipment prep: assist staff with sterilizing the medical equipment and preparing surgical packs
Special Events/Community Education & Outreach
- Special event volunteer: Be a part of our signature evening event, Wags & Whiskers. You can assist at the event with activities such as set-up, break-down, host duties. Or you can join the committee and procur auction donations or take on other leadership roles.
- Community event volunteer: Pass out educational spay/neuter and pet care materials at community events and help staff C-SNIP’s table at these events.
- Help staff distribute C-SNIP flyers and educational materials within targeted areas and locations in the community
We also have opportunities for volunteers to help at their homes on a schedule of the volunteer’s choosing:
Volunteer at Home
Assist staff with translating written materials from English into Spanish.
Make Catnip Toys for C-SNIP Patients
Do you sew or knit? Thanks to our handy volunteers, C-SNIP provides a home-made cat toy to each cat that comes for a spay/neuter surgery. We provide the instructions/pattern if you provide the talent.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Are you and your co-workers or your church/civic group looking for a community service project? C-SNIP has some opportunities for you to consider. For more information about a Group Volunteer Project, contact Kendal at email@example.com.
Outdoor Clean-up Projects
Help us with yard-work and other outdoor clean-up projects.
From time to time, C-SNIP needs help with indoor painting or interior clean-up or organizing efforts.