Most volunteer tasks are completed at our clinic in Kentwood between 8am-4:30pm. If you are interested in learning more about any of these volunteer opportunities, contact Kendal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reminder calls: Call clients to remind them of their pet’s appointment.
- Prepare medical packets: Assemble materials into packets for the next day’s medical appointments.
- English/Spanish translation: Assist staff with translation when contacting Spanish-speaking clients. Translation can also include translating written materials from English into Spanish.
- Check-in greeters: Help staff greet clients during the morning check-in period between 8am-9am.
- Office tasks: Assist with data entry, recording inventory, filing, and other office tasks.
Kennel /Medical Needs
- Laundry assistant: With up to 70 surgeries per day, C-SNIP generates a lot of laundry! We need volunteers willing to do load the washing machines & dryers and fold the clean laundry.
- Equipment prep: assist staff with sterilizing the medical equipment and preparing surgical packs
- Community event volunteer: Pass out educational spay/neuter and pet care materials at community events and help staff C-SNIP’s table at these events.
- Help staff distribute C-SNIP flyers and educational materials within targeted areas and locations in the community
We also have opportunities for volunteers to help at their homes on a schedule of the volunteer’s choosing:
Volunteer at Home
Assist staff with translating written materials from English into Spanish.
Make Catnip Toys for C-SNIP Patients
Do you sew or knit? Thanks to our handy volunteers, C-SNIP provides a home-made cat toy to each cat that comes for a spay/neuter surgery. We provide the instructions/pattern if you provide the talent.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Are you and your co-workers or your church/civic group looking for a community service project? C-SNIP has some opportunities for you to consider. For more information about a Group Volunteer Project, contact Kendal at email@example.com.
Outdoor Clean-up Projects
Help us with yard-work and other outdoor clean-up projects.
From time to time, C-SNIP needs help with indoor painting or interior clean-up or organizing efforts.