Development & Communications Manager
Job Notice - Development & Communications Manager
CSNIP, a nonprofit veterinary clinic devoted to increasing access to veterinary care and specialized in high-volume dog and cat spay/neuter surgery, wellness/prevention, and basic veterinary treatment, is seeking a full-time Development & Communications Manager. This position will report directly to and work closely with the Executive Director to ensure that CSNIP’s development and communications strategies will generate resources to effectively support the organization’s mission. This is a hybrid position with approximately 75% of the work completed remotely and 25% completed in-person.
The position duties include: 1) oversee the two annual direct mail campaigns, including writing the appeal letters, creating the mailing lists, and working with the print/mail house 2) coordinate the annual special event planning and serve as staff liaison to the event planning committee, 3) create email marketing campaigns to promote fundraising activities and organizational programs 4) Maintain CSNIP’s social media channels and website actively posting content that will engage inform, and excite the community 5) conduct donor research, process donations, update donor records 5) create/prepare grant reports, fundraising reports, and maintain development program record-keeping 6) Supervise interns and volunteers conducting development and communications tasks, and 6) Coordinate the annual fundraising strategies with the Capital campaign efforts.
The salary range for the position is $40,000-$45,000, commensurate with experience and skills. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Plan, PTO, a 403b, term life policy, flexible health spending plan, discounts on CSNIP services and products for employee pets, a flexible work schedule and the satisfaction of helping to improve the quality of life for dogs, cats, and the people who love them. Qualified applicants will be passionate about CSNIP’s mission, possess excellent organizational/administrative skills with the ability to prioritize, manage projects, and complete tasks that are deadline driven. Strong written and verbal communication skills is a must along with the interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with a wide range of individuals. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly learn software programs such as Salesforce as a donor database, Constant Contact for email marketing, and website maintenance software will be necessary for success. The ideal candidate will have experience with nonprofit fundraising and event planning, be goal directed, and love dogs and cats.
This position, when working in-person at the Kentwood clinic, will work in a shared office space and must be comfortable working in a veterinary surgical environment with many dogs and cats on site for the day as patients.
To apply, send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com by Monday, December 5, 2022.
A detailed job description is included. Additional organizational information can be found at www.csnip.org.
Position Title: Development and Communications Manager
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt
Pay Range: $40,000-$45,000 annual salary
CSNIP is a non-profit veterinary clinic dedicated to increasing access to veterinary care targeted to people who do not otherwise have the resources for their pets’ health care. CSNIP provides spay/neuter surgery, wellness/prevention, and basic treatments for dogs and cats. Founded in 2001, C-SNIP operates three clinics- a spay/neuter clinic in Kentwood, a spay/neuter clinic in Fruitport, and a well-pet clinic in Kentwood. CSNIP impacts approximately 20,000 pets per year and serves the West Michigan region.
This full-time position reports directly to the Executive Director who leads the organization’s development/communications strategy creation. The development team also includes the part-time Capital Campaign Coordinator and Donor Database Coordinator positions. This is a hybrid position with the ability to perform approximately 75% of the duties remotely with 25% requiring in-person work, primarily at the Kentwood clinic. This is a mid-level development position with opportunities for growth.
1-3 years of nonprofit fundraising experience strongly desired, preferably in a position with similar responsibilities. Must be technologically proficient, detail-oriented, possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills, able to self-motivate, and execute assigned tasks with minimal supervision. A post-secondary degree/certification in a related field is preferred. This position will require an engaging personality, good judgement and discretion regarding sensitive donor issues, teamwork, and a strong desire to succeed. A passion for C-SNIP’s mission is essential for success. The ability to professionally interact with individual donors, team members, vendors, funders, and corporate sponsors will be necessary. Access to a remote workspace/home office will be necessary.
• Conduct donor prospect and foundation research- process incoming donations.
• Implement C-SNIP’s two annual direct mail campaigns including writing the fundraising letters, creating the mailing lists, and working with the print/mail house.
• Coordinate event planning and serve as staff liaison to C-SNIP’s Wags & Whiskers annual event planning committee.
• Create email marketing campaigns to promote fundraising activities and organizational programs, using Constant Contact software
• Under the direction of the Executive Director, prepare grant applications, draft and edit grant reports: track grant details, manage timelines and provide follow-up.
• Prepare donor/campaign reports, donor database entry, conduct donor discover calls, and create donor/sponsor/funder recognition opportunities.
• Develop and implement online fundraising strategies, campaigns, and calls to action.
• Work with the Development team to create and execute consistent messaging and communications to cultivate and grow donor base.
• Help create and manage content on CSNIP’s social media pages and website to ensure its engaging.
• Work with leadership team to develop and implement strategies to improve organizational visibility customer awareness, and public relations activities.
• Write and edit newsletters, annual reports, program brochures, flyers, etc. and work with printers & graphic designers to create finished materials.