Customer Service Representative
JOB TITLE: Client Services Representative/Veterinary Scheduler
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
C-SNIP is looking for a part-time Veterinary Scheduler/Client Services Representative for a busy, fast-paced nonprofit spay/neuter and preventative care clinic. Committed to ease of booking, accessibility of service, and quality of care, customer service representatives strive to help people help their pets by arranging appointments, gathering and recording key information, and creating clear expectations of the spay/neuter and wellness processes. The position is approximately 20-25 hours per week with a possible combination of full and half-days. The ideal candidate has a flexible schedule to cover a shift when a coworker is sick or on PTO. Pay is $12-$13 per hour. Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@csnip.org explaining your work history, why you are interested in this job and how part-time employment will work for you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling appointments for spay/neuter surgery and well pet services for dogs or cats via phone, walk in, or online requests
- Gathering and recording complete and accurate information from callers during the appointment-booking process
- Providing excellent, client focused customer service
- Assisting with surgery and well pet check-in, as well as pet release
- Processing payments over the phone and at the counter, ensuring money is recorded accurately
- Completing daily clinic opening and/or closing checklist, including daily cleaning of and stocking the lobby and front office areas
- Able to learn basic veterinary medical concepts
- Able to accurately gather and relay information in a friendly and professional manner
- Good communication skills - both individually and in a group setting
- Enjoy being around dogs and cats
- Support the mission of C-SNIP
- Accuracy, detail-orientation, and customer service skills essential
- Technical proficiency with PC platforms, as well as Microsoft Office
- Must be able to answer and respond to four phone lines, and navigate a voicemail system
- Able to enter data accurately into a database system
- Able to stay focused in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Must be able to work standing or sitting for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to see fine detail in a variety of situations
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
Two or more years of reception/customer relations experience in a veterinary clinic and/or animal shelter environment is preferred. Fluency speaking and reading Spanish is a plus.
The office and operations of a high volume clinic can be very busy at times. This part-time position will typically be scheduled to work 3-4 days/week Mon-Fri. The ideal candidate will be flexible with schedule changes and able to work on short notice to cover co-worker absences.